Become Adult Home Child Care Provider
- The Responsible Adult Home Child Care Provider course will not only help explore these areas of Child Care but will also guide you to create the policies and procedures necessary to develop your business.
- Introduce you to a network of Family Child Care Providers, and provide you with resources and contacts specific to your family child care business.
- This course was developed by DEA Canadian College to meet the requirements for Responsible Adult training as stipulated by the Child Care Regulation.
- Through interactive sessions, it covers basic concepts about child development from birth to 12 years of age, child guidance, health safety, nutrition and programming.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Evidence of IELTS 4.0 or equivalent; [evidence can include an IELTS evaluation, or similar testing assessment to the level which can be closely deemed as equivalence (ie TOEFL IBT)]
or the student can take the College’s language proficiency exam. See college policy.
- Hours: 36 hours
Upon completing all the requirements for graduate students will receive a certificate from DEA College.
ALL STUDENTS MUST:
- 18 years of age or older
- IELTS 4.5 or equivalent ( i.e. TOEFL IBT)
- Or students can take the DEA proficiency exam
- Introduction to Child Care
- Planning for Safety and Emergencies – Part 1
- Planning for Safety and Emergencies – Part 2
- Promoting Good Health and Nutrition
- Exploring Children’s Development
- Guiding Children’s behaviour
- Planning for Play and Learning
- Let’s Play! Inspiring Children’s Experiences and Activities
- Establishing Positive Relationships with families and the community
- Your Family Child Care Business – 1
- Your Family Child Care Business – 2
- An Action Plan for your Family Child Care
- Occasional Licensed Child Care
- School-Age Licensed Group Child Care
- Family Child Care
- As a replacement or a substitute/casual on call for Early Childhood Education Assistants in licensed group child care centers or preschools.
- Casual family drop-in programs, family child care assistants or other related positions.